Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Identity Reflection Part 3




Part of figuring out who you are is getting out and trying new things, meeting new people, and expanding your horizons. I've been working on that. I recently started cheerleading and am about to start tumbling. I've had lots of fun! Plus, it's a great exercise! So, try something new that you've never thought of before. You might just absolutely fall in love with it. Maybe by doing this you'll figure out more about yourself and clear up some questions in you head.


Expand your horizons in every aspect of your life; go say hi to that one random person you've never taken time to talk to (I did that and she turned in to my BFF), listen to new (and old) music that you've never heard, go places that you would never, ever imagined you'd go.

Today is a day that you, YOU, are alive, so live it! Explore..Breath...Live...

Here is a short story, that will hopefully inspire you:


                I usually wouldn’t start something like this in the middle of the day, in the middle of my work place…but I couldn’t stand that damn clock ticking any longer. I’ve been sitting at this desk for five years. Five years, of my life wasted.
                So, I broke it. I broke that clock. Everyone in the office just stared at me. I’m usually a normal person, I swear, but something just came over me that day. I had to break it, or I was going to break. I just calmly grinned, looked around the room and said “I quit.” They never saw me again.
                When I left that office, I felt so empowered. So free! I had the whole day to myself. “What to do?” I mumbled to myself as I drove past every familiar store in the mall next to my office. I pulled into the parking lot of the Startbucks. I parked my car and just sat there.  I suddenly burst into tears.
                “Oh, gosh! What did I do? I’ve worked there for five years! I was up for a promotion!” I buried my head in my hands. “I left and all I can think to do is get a coffee! I’m supposed to be doing something spontaneous and new!” I continued to cry…and cry.
                Later that night when I got home I sat down at my computer like I always do and logged into Pinterest. I felt numbed…
                “This isn’t right.” I stood up got dressed called up my girlfriends and went dancing. Geez, the last time I went dancing was in college! All my girlfriends were a little stunned at my spontaneity, but they agreed it was time to get out of the flow of things.
                After a night of partying with “the girls” we all stumbled around the parking lot giggling and chatting. Then I just blurted out “Let’s make a pact.”
                “What?” Annette stared at me like I had three heads.
                “Yeah, let’s make a pact to be more adventurous. Do more with our lives.” I paused. “Nothing irresponsible, but…new. Live our lives.”
                “Oh, we can make a list and randomly pick from it each Friday!” Bobbi started to get giddy.
                “Yes!” Annette nodded her head with a deep seriousness. “Let’s do this.”
                It was the beginning of something beautiful. 


LIVE,

Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment